The miniature woodworking machine Grizzly H8259, with its tray, is a huge machine that does its job at an affordable price. With its robust construction, it is most suitable for small joinery work such as knobs or bowls.
Read reviews and buy on Amazon
List of characteristics
– Engine: 1/2 HP, 110V, single-phase speeds : 826, 1205, 1713, 2422, 3337 rpm
– distance between centres : 18- Swinging over the bed: 10″
– Includes cutting head, center of drive roller, center of face and wrench
– Dimensions : 36 L x 11-1/2 W x 15 H
Grizzly tried to make a wooden lathe that was both cheap and durable and served its purpose. The Grizzly H8259 is very easy to install and thanks to its size and shape it fits on almost any surface or table. The weight distribution also seems optimal and enables very precise work – the lathe runs smoothly and without vibrations. You could say the H8259 Grizzly is actually a Grizzly.
But what about the engine you’re asking for? The Grizzly H8259 is equipped with a 1-phase ½ hp engine that is perfect for its class and application. Basically this means that you are good at turning smaller objects like bowls, pins and brooches, but for larger projects you need a bigger, more powerful machine. But for enthusiasts and small turners, the Grizzly H8259 is more than ideal.
The engine of this grizzly tower offers variable speeds from 826 to 3337 rpm. This is an excellent feature that makes it possible to work on different projects and turn different types of wood, but it should be noted that the speed can only be changed by manually moving the belt to another pulley. It’s quite common among tools in this price range – but some tools offer much more convenient acceleration, such as the Shop Fox W1704 (see our test report on a Shop Fox W1704 lathe here).
Moreover, the Grizzly H8259 has a distance of 18 inches from centre to centre: higher than the average miniature tower. This allows more pieces of wood to be used, so that this lathe can handle more woodworking projects than the usual variety.
Finally, this lathe provides support for the tool, and the adjustable adjustable feet allow you to adapt this tool to your needs. In general, the Grizzly H8259 is equipped with a powerful engine, variable speed and an 18-inch greater heart distance than usual, all at a modest price. You mustn’t be mistaken!
- People who bought the H8259 Grizzly are satisfied with the robust construction and the economy. The performance is quiet and there are no vibrations. It’s a big, cheap leisure machine that does its job. Ideal for making small objects such as pens, bowls and spindles. Customer service is also considered first class.
- Some customers complain that the engine gets too hot after a while, but there are no error messages. Some users find the rest of the tool too small.
grizzly wood lathe,heavy duty wood lathe for sale
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.